The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued an Order imposing a mask requirement applicable to public transportation systems, rail, and van, bus, and motorcoach service providers to mitigate the risk of COVID-19. The CDC Order implements President Biden’s Executive Order 13998, Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel, “to save lives and allow all Americans, including the millions of people employed in the transportation industry, to travel and work safely.”
Science-based measures are critical to preventing the spread of COVID-19. Mask-wearing is one of several proven life-saving measures including physical distancing, appropriate ventilation, and timely testing that can reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Requiring masks will protect America’s transportation workers and passengers, help control the transmission of COVID-19, and aid in re-opening America’s economy.
In addition to the CDC order, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) anticipates issuing additional information and guidance on this topic.
The U.S. Department of Transportation has posted Frequently Asked Questions online and will continue to add to this site with additional information. The Department will be scheduling stakeholder calls beginning the week of February 1, 2021.
Please share the mask mandate information with colleagues and send questions to: TransitMaskUp@dot.gov
The Incline Railway has daily departures on a limited basis from the lower station in St. Elmo!
Tickets are available for purchase
No initial passenger trips will start at the top station.
Face Covering will be required to ride the Incline Railway. (Masks are available for purchase in the gift shop.)
When you are ready for a ride up America’s Most Amazing Mile we are here with open arms and smiles to greet you! We look forward to bringing the history and beautiful views to our passengers aboard our brand new railcars!
We are concerned for your safety and have taken the following precautions:
- Advance online ticket purchases are not required but are strongly encouraged due to limited seating capacity.
- Tickets are for a specific date and time and are limited so purchase early. Tickets are valid for a year from purchase date.
- Late arrivals may need to be rescheduled as capacity on the cars is limited and carefully enforced.
- Guests who are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms should reschedule your visit.
- Loading will be one way and will start at the Lower Station only at 3917 St. Elmo Avenue. For return trips from the top station at 827 East Brow Road, we will be loading cars one way and on a first come, first served basis.
- All employees are required to wear face coverings and will receive a health screening prior to each shift to ensure your safety and health while visiting.
- Hand sanitizer stations are installed at both the Upper and Lower stations.
- Incline staff will be cleaning all high touch surfaces including handrails, grab bars, and door handles inside the cars between each trip.
- Restrooms and high touch surfaces in the stations (handrails, sanitizer stations, door handles) will be cleaned regularly.
- One-way directional signage has been installed to help ensure one-way foot traffic.
- Waiting areas have Plexiglas partitions installed and are clearly marked with the CDC’s recommended 6ft of social distancing.
- Our gift shops and Clumpie’s Ice Cream will be open during regular business hours and as always, no outside food or beverage are allowed on the Incline cars.